Diagnosis & Treatments
The Eye Center of Virginia is an optometrist clinic that specializes in treating a variety of eye conditions. In order to provide the best kind of quality healthcare to clients, we have cultivated a staff of medical experts investigate, diagnose and treat a great number of ailments. Below you can find a summary of just some of the eye conditions that our eye care center covers.
Common Eye Conditions
- Glaucoma, a disease that leads to an increase of ocular pressure and optic nerve damage.
- Farsightedness and nearsightedness. Blurriness in the field of vision is a somewhat common issue that many people face. This kind of condition can be effectively managed with eyewear.
- Eye infections or eye injuries. An ophthalmologist can provide pain relief for any pain experienced.
- Cataracts, also known as the clouding of the eye's lens. Cataracts can be caused by aging, physical trauma, genetics, or environmental risk factors.
- Age-related macular degeneration, also called AMD. This condition sees damage to the macula, the center of the eye's retina. As the name suggests, age-related macular degeneration occurs more often in elderly people.
- Dry eyes, a common eye condition that occurs when the tear ducts aren't able to produce enough tears. Dry eye syndrome can indicate another medical issue affecting the eyes.